Wall Paneling Disposal
The first thing to do with any remodeling project is to plan for the logistics. Sure, it’s going to involve the materials and final desired look, but you’ve got to think about what it is you’ll do with all the remodeling debris.
…wood wall paneling sure had its heyday, and it surely is over! Wall paneling can be tricky to update, and whether you can resurface it by filling in the grooves depends on if your paneling is solid wood or plywood. If the wall has plaster or drywall behind the paneling and the paneling wasn’t glued to the wall surface, you may be able to remove the paneling and rehab the old wall surface using drywall joint compound. —Today’s Homeowner
That’s right. You’ve got to think about all the junk that comes with a renovation, no matter the size. You see, too many people undertake a makeover without proper planning.
Top Silver Spring Wall Paneling Replacement Options
Now, let’s get down to the business of ridding your property of that eyesore. Rather than just going the demo route, you should seriously consider concealing it. Here are some options you can pick from:
- Paint over it. One option is to simply paint over it and cover it up to give it a whole new look. It sounds like too-easy a way out but it does work and it’s definitely a lot less work.
- Plaster over it. Instead of taking it down and replacing it, there’s the possibility of just plastering or dry-walling over it. This is more work but still less than tearing it down and replacing it.
- Hang drywall. If the wall is equipped with insulation, then there’s no reason you can’t improve it’s look and energy efficiency. Hang drywall over it to conceal it and provide a new, clean surface.
- Stain it. Instead of painting over it, consider staining it. This is another way to transform the space without having to take down the paneling and replacing it with another wall covering.
- Hang wallpaper. This probably isn’t your first choice but it’s always possible to wallpaper over it and just cover it up.
If you need remodeling debris removal, go ahead and phone 800-433-1094 or visit Haul Junk Away.