When it’s time to close or move an office or to bring in new furniture, you’ll need to do some DIY prep work to be ready. One way to make it a bit less stressful and go more smoothly, is to follow some simple office clutter clean out tips. By purging the junk beforehand and storing what needs to be kept, you’ll be leaps and bounds ahead of the process. The real trick is to get everyone onboard and participating so it isn’t just one or a few who are left to do all the work.
Office Furniture Removal DIY Prep
The problem most companies face, even those with just a few team members, is staying organized. Keeping track of what is where isn’t as easy as it seems. When you’re moving hardcopy files, office supplies and equipment and other stuff around, it’s not difficult to lose track. By starting with the basics, you’ll do a whole lot to make the process efficient. So, start with removing all unnecessary items in the work-space.
If you need to move your business, the best place to start to plan how to pack and move is right here. I’ve had a lot of requests from individuals who have been given the task of moving their company office and while moving an office is a large undertaking that may require additional help in the form of other colleagues (creating a committee) or by hiring professional packers. —About.com
You can even take advantage of same day junk removal benefits to substantially reduce lost productivity time. The more you are able to delegate and spread out work, the less time the whole thing will take. Plus, giving small groups dedicated tasks will help avoid redundancy, which prevents wasting time. When you are ready to move to another office, bring in new furniture or close down a business, use these helpful office furniture removal DIY prep tips:
- Clear all walkways and hallways. One completely avoidable problem that really holds up the process, is having to navigate and negotiate cluttered areas. Walkways and hallways should be free of boxes and other items, which become tripping hazards.
- Empty desks, cubicles, drawers and file cabinets. All desks, drawers, file cabinets and cubicles should be emptied in advance of the office furniture removal. It not only makes heavy items lighter, it also prevents losing important things. As an alternative, be sure to secure desk drawers and file drawers closed so they can be moved without opening.
- Put boxes out-of-the-way in empty or storage rooms. When you relocate an office to another space, you’ll have boxes scattered about containing this and that. But those boxes need to be place in empty corners or storage areas so they’re out-of-the-way.
- Be sure to have all electronics moved into a safe place. Office equipment is expensive and it’s essential for productivity. So, make sure all electronics and office equipment is also out-of-the-way. You can group all these items together in one or two rooms so they aren’t obstacles.
- Decide on a dedicated time for the office furniture removal. As you prepare, set a dedicated time for the office furniture removal. This way, you can have as many or as few people on your team involved in the process.
If you need office furniture removal for your business, phone us at 800-433-1094 or visit Haul Junk Away. Our crew is adept at handling entire office clean outs and so much more. Give us a ring today and we’ll gladly help you out.